Preschool skills...

Mr. Imagination is totally resistant to learning letters and numbers, so getting him to learn his ABCs and 123s has been challenging and I am constantly trying to find new ways to keep it interesting (I hope this doesn't say anything about all of the school years to come!!). Jack has a new sticker chart, and writing his name each day earns him a sticker (and a quarter). This has been working well, although his letters often grow legs and arms and feet or have things shooting out of them. Everything becomes a story with Jack!

Comments

Wow! What fun, we struggle with finding the time to sit down to do the reading and spelling thing, we also have a chart.
Jennie said…
Hi Julie! I just thought I'd tell you that in preschool I wrote my name (well I could just write "Jen" in all caps with about a million lines on the E and everywhere else, kinda like Jack. :-) I'm not sure when I stopped, but school was fine and I even made it through grad school! So, don't panic just yet. :-)
Kristi said…
Personally, I like the k best. It definitely looks like it wants to run off the page. Jack is a cool kid.